Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Praying for Lori

In yesterday's blog, I expressed frustration about Jackson's eczema and plugged tear ducts. Almost in the same breath, I remembered that many people deal with much worse, and that my complaint was pretty pathetic. Today I realized just how pathetic it was.

I reconnected with my high school friend, Lori, on Facebook. In an effort to discover what Lori has been up to since high school, I visited her blog. I didn't expect what I found... 

Lori's 9-year-old daughter went to be with Jesus in October. Lori's blog shares her family's experience with a special needs child. As I read Lori's words describing her grief since Megan's death, I felt an overwhelming urge to leave work, race to Albre's house, and hold Jackson as close as possible.

Yesterday I complained about a rash on Jackson's skin. Reading Lori's blog today put things in perspective. She is a testimony of faith in God and grace in the midst of grief. Please pray for my friend, Lori.

No comments:

Post a Comment