Thursday, August 5, 2010

New Daycare

Our church started a new daycare this week.  Snuggles seems to be enjoying it so far. Albre, Snuggles' former in-home caregiver, is the director of the new learning center. So Snuggles is with his friends, Lyla and Ty, and still with Albre.  That makes me happy because he is comfortable with them.

Even better news is that the new learning center uses our church facilities, so Snuggles is literally in the same building as Guitarman and on the campus with me.  It's nice that Guitarman can drop in and check on Snuggles if he wants.

I spent most of my lunch hour with Snuggles today. While nursing, he fell asleep in my arms. Guitarman joined me, and we sat there watching Snuggles sleep. Working all day makes me appreciate the time I have with Snuggles, and I'm so grateful and blessed to have a daily lunch date with him.

One of Snuggles' favorite things about the new daycare is all the new toys he has to play with. He discovered something new this week... mobility!  Here's a picture of Snuggles in the walker. He's learning how to use his feet to cruise around...


So far, Snuggles shows no interest in crawling.  He does this little rocking/scooting thing that allows him to move on his rear end just a few fractions of an inch.  Maybe the walker will motivate him to move, and he will start to crawl...

I guess I shouldn't be anxious for Snuggles to crawl.  I have a feeling once this kid gets going, he's going to be unstoppable!

No comments:

Post a Comment