Thursday, July 15, 2010

Thanks, Readers

Until recently, I was beginning to think no one read my blog.... with the exception of a handful of faithful followers.

I started my blog in 2005 intending to keep my family updated. Ironically, the people I created the blog for rarely read it. My parents only read my blog when I call and ask them to read it. I'm fairly certain my brother never reads my blog (because he thinks I'm lame), and I know for a fact my younger sister doesn't read it because she doesn't use the internet. Even my own husband seems to go long periods of time without checking my blog. Thankfully, I'm pretty sure my little sis reads my blog because she's cool that way. She owns a Droid, after all, which makes my Crackberry seem like a typewriter.

Despite my family's disinterest in what I deem blog worthy, lately I have started receiving more comments and e-mails from people who read my blog. I've been amazed by all the nice comments. Some even suggest I should write a book. (That's going a little overboard, I think.) But it's flattering. So here's a shout out to all my "readers": Thanks for following my blog! And to my family: Fooey on you!  [I love you anyway.]

I read an article recently that cautioned bloggers to avoid providing too much personal, traceable info on the internet, especially about children. That got me thinking about my son's safety. The article suggested bloggers with open access (like my blog, which is accessible to anyone with a search engine), should use nicknames for the blog's featured characters. In my case, that's my husband and my son. This practice protects the innocent... or guilty... whichever applies.

So I've been trying to come up with nicknames for my husband and son over the past couple of weeks, and I finally made a decision. 

Without further ado, I would like to introduce Guitarman (my wonderful husband) and Snuggles (my adorable son). *Pause for applause*

No comments:

Post a Comment