Friday, July 16, 2010

Making a Splash

Last night Guitarman and I took Guitarman's mom out to dinner at her favorite restaurant. By the time we arrived home, it was time to get Snuggles bathed and into bed. I hesitated, wondering if it might be best to skip the bath and put him straight to bed because he seemed especially tired. But then I remembered I had done that the past 2 nights, so I nixed the idea. I feared if Snuggles didn't bathe soon, he would begin to resemble the Peanuts character, Pig-Pen, complete with bugs swarming. Thus, I would be demoted even further down the Mommy food chain.

I love so many things about Snuggles. He is a delicious little package of sweetness that I could unwrap and eat with my fingers.

One of my favorite things about Snuggles is how much he enjoys bath time. Snuggles is never happier than when he's butt-naked in the tub. I have this little sing-songy phrase I always say to him when I first plop his chunky sweet cheeks into the water. "Rub-a-dub-dub... [Snuggles] in the tuuuub!" He shines at me with a big, toothless grin from behind his little balled up fists. That boy can melt this mama's heart like butta.

Last week, Snuggles graduated from the kitchen sink to the bathtub. I've been bathing him in the sink for a number of reasons, mainly because the sink was easier when he didn't sit up well. Over the past several months, however, Snuggles' bath time routine has begun to get more complicated because:
  1. He dwarfs the sink like a Cadillac Escalade towers over a Mini Cooper.
  2. The moment Snuggles' tooshie hits the water, he commences with a splashing tirade that I'm confident would qualify him for the dolphin show at Sea World.
  3. He has morphed into the baby version of Christopher Columbus, exploring every surface, texture and hole he can reach with those chubby little fingers I love to "bite"...
  4. As a result of number 3, the counter-height electrical outlets that use to be so wonderfully convenient have now become decidedly inconvenient. 
  5. Did I mention he likes to S P L A S H?
Here's a video of Snuggles in the tub.


Does anyone else find it disturbing that Guitarman and I said "Ba Ba Bath" at the same time?!

    No comments:

    Post a Comment