Thursday, May 20, 2010

Nana Time

My Dad surprised my Mom with an awesome gift for Mother's Day... a plane ticket to Boise! (It was a great gift for me, too.) The only thing that would have made the weekend better would have been if my Dad came, too. Mom had not seen Jackson since we were in Indiana at Christmas, when he was 7 weeks old. She walked through the security gate at the airport and immediately squeezed Jackson!  It was Nana Time!

Nana spent lots of time singing to Jackson and teaching him nursery rhymes that I hadn't heard in years. 

Here she is singing "Down came the rain that washed the spider out"  (It-sy Bit-sy Spider)


On Friday, we took Nana to Hyde Park (in Boise) where we ate ice cream at an old fashioned ice cream parlor. Then we went to Camels Back Park for more fun. The weather was beautiful!

John and Nana climbed the big hill. Jackson and I stayed behind and enjoyed the sun. (If I had attempted the hill, we would have needed an ambulance standing by.)

Nana spent lots of time engaging Jackson's motor skills with rattles and toys.

She also introduced him to the park swing. He loved the swing!

There were plenty of Kodak moments.

And Daddy had fun, too.

Later that evening we ate dinner on a restaurant patio, and listened to live music.

While we were waiting on our dinner, Jackson pooped through his shorts, all over Nana's hands/clothes and onto the ground. Nana and I retreated quickly to the women's restroom, where we stripped Jackson and washed him in the sink. Poop was everywhere. It looked like a mustard bomb exploded!  I'm so glad Nana was there because I probably would have FREAKED out. But Nana handled it like a pro, like she had been pooped on thousands of times before. (Considering her line of work and the fact that she survived four children, I suspect she probably has.)  Apparently all the pooping festivities wore Jackson out.


Over the weekend, Nana enjoyed some much-deserved time to chillax and read a book.

When she wasn't reading, she was hanging out with Jackson, doing what Nanas do best.

Like Eskimo kisses.

And bath time....

.... which just happens to be Jackson's favorite time of day.

I asked Jackson what he thought about having Nana in town for the weekend? He responded, "Ra Ra Ra!"  (Translation: "Three cheers for Nana! I love her!")  I love her, too, Jackson. We can't wait to see Nana (and Papa!) in July.

No comments:

Post a Comment