Thursday, August 11, 2011

Karate Ballet

Snuggles got a hold of my fabric headband the other night - the one I use to hold back my hair when I'm working out.  (Which is rare these days.)

Anyhoo.

Snuggles put my headband on his forehead, which made him resemble The Karate Kid, only not-so-Italian and much cuter. (Is that a word... Cuter?)

Anyhoo.

After Snuggles put on my headband, he started doing this weird little routine where he put one arm out in front him, and said some unrecognizable word, and then positioned his legs like he was trying to kick... He did it over and over. Guitarman and I could not figure out what he was doing, but it looked like karate moves.  So I called Snuggles' daycare provider, Cathy, and asked her where Snuggles learned karate moves. "Oh, that's not karate," Cathy said, "That's ballet!"

Apparently Cathy's granddaughter has been teaching Snuggles ballet routines... I consider myself a supportive mother, but I have to draw the line at ballet.  I don't even want to think about my son wearing ballet tights.

No comments:

Post a Comment