Saturday, January 8, 2011

"I wonder what his voice will sound like?"

The conversation in our car during Thursday's commute went something like this...

Me (handing stuffed animal [duck] to Snuggles):  What does the duck say? *Quack quack*

Snuggles: "uck... uck.."

*Laughter*

Me: Snuggles, are you saying "duck"? Or are you saying "Quack quack quack?"

Snuggles: "uck...uck...uck"

*Laughter*

Me: Sounds like a mixture of "duck" and "quack".

Guitarman: It will be so fun when he starts talking. I wonder what his little voice will sound like?

Me: Hmm.... I don't know, but I'm sure it will be cute.

Guitarman: I just think it will be fun when he can talk to me from the backseat.

Me: I'm going to remind you you said that in a few years, when you're irritated because Snuggles has just asked you "Why?" for the thousandth time.

*Laughter*

Less than an hour later, we were sitting at Chili's eating dinner.  (It was Guitarman's night to cook dinner, so naturally we went out to eat.)  As Guitarman and I scrambled to keep Snuggles occupied --through tag-team-feeding--Snuggles had accumulated a sizeable pile of crushed/mushed goldfish crackers on the floor, ate more than half of my chicken crispers, wiggled out of the highchair harness, pulled off his socks, smeared cinnamon apples in his hair and launched into a Level 3 meltdown.  Guitarman looked at me and said, "Remember when he used to just lay in his carseat and sleep while we ate dinner?"

No comments:

Post a Comment