Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Dot-dot-dot

It's called an elipsis, the dot-dot-dot (...)at the end of a sentence.  The elipsis serves to indicate a pause in speech, trailing off into silence, or an unfinished thought...

I feel like my life right now is a series of dot-dot-dot's.  My life is an unfinished thought, an elipsis.  I'm not in Nashville yet, but in my mind, I'm starting to close the doors in Idaho to open the ones in Nashville.  I'm suppose to give my full attention to things here for the next few weeks, yet in the back of my mind, I know what's coming...

See, there it is again!  Dot-dot-dot!

It's the dot-dot-dot's that I think about when I'm lying awake at night.  It's the dot-dot-dot's that cloud my mind when I'm trying to focus on work.  The dot-dot-dot's are the STUFF I have to accomplish in the next two weeks.  Even worse are the dot-dot-dot's I shove down in my heart when I think about all the goodbye's that have to be said.

The dot-dot-dot's are why they say moving is one of the top ten most stressful events in life, along with starting a new job. Guitarman and I are doing both.... and we have a somewhat new baby, which also tops the list of life's most stressful events.

I'll be glad when all of this is over. The dot-dot-dot's are wearing me out.

No comments:

Post a Comment